Updated: Dec 28, 2022
B2B service-based client who sells consulting sessions. They have over 1k followers now on Instagram (today, Oct. 29th, 2022).
The client was looking for someone to take over social media operations, mainly to:
- Create content;
- Manage pages (answering direct messages and comments);
- Analyse metrics and report.
It took the client over 6 months to reach 200 followers on Instagram (LinkedIn will be another separate case study). They were getting 5 website clicks (tops) per month. And they also had no way to track where new leads and clients were coming from (which social media platform).
The lack of clients was putting the client under financial stress, and it could cause them to shut down operations.
The client was considering giving up on their Instagram page and focusing on other platforms.
After the onboarding call, we decided to:
1. Focus on a plan that really would move the needle for the client and get them leads/deals;
2. Improve the content quality and not worry about quantity for a while;
3. Use tools that allow us to monitor multiple social media inboxes and comments sections in one place;
4. Use tools that help us determine what are the best-performing posts and optimal times;
5. Use content calendars (editorial calendars) to keep track of posts insights (like reach and engagement);
6. Double down on organic tactics that would boost traffic, growth, and deals.
We didn't boost posts, didn't pay influencers, and didn't go viral.
We focused on organic and consistent work.
Results & Benefits
The client's page grew 4x more in 6 months than in the previous 6 months. We have a consistent number of visitors, leads, and deals coming from social media, as you'll see in the 2 screenshots below.